Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 a penny

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Now that the sun is shining over here in Korea land... I have found myself playing outside with my dear Lauren. We lead a charming life really. I must say that with the obstacles overcome (I'm sure there will be more), and the adjustments having been made- we have started to think of Gunpo city as home.

Yesterday after work, Lauren came trouncing through the door squawking about this tree that had to be seen. She said that on the way to work the other day - she was floored by it's beauty. God is the great artist. So she convinced me that I must leave my place of hibernation and explore this tree with her.

We trundled down the road in between cherry blossoms and Chinese lanterns...to the tree! It was the most beautiful Magnolia I had ever seen. It was big and beautiful and white and full..and conveniently growing beside a fence, I was sure we could climb. So with very little encouragement Lauren started her way up the fence, to get a closer look at this blooming beauty. Now, it's not like we don't get enough attention, but please picture two white girls(I mention our skin color often, because we are separated on the basis of it) on the side of a busy highway, one hoisting the other onto a fence. Ovey. It's a wonder we were not arrested. Anyways.. once on top of the fence to photo shoot began.
Glorious.

Once I coaxed laur down off the wall (she was fond of both the wall and the tree) she and I walked over to the local bakery where we weekly pick up our homemade bread (charmed life). I spotted a path, and Lauren was sure she knew where it lead.. so we went on yet another, (are you surprised?) adventure. This path was lined with blooming cherry trees, chirping birds and there was even a sign warning us not to burn down their solace. The sign cracked us up, because it was white folks from the 50's burning the park down on the sign(see below).

We finished our strolling, bread buying fence climbing adventure off with smoothies from a small health store near our house, and went home to do Yoga(with our personal instructor..and if by personal I mean video..then yes).

And... today I am sore. My winter bones are angry with my spring fever.













4 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, Lauren is sooo beautiful!!! Look at all those trees. I love the blossoms.
I feel like I've found a secret diary or something that nobody else has found and knows about. I kinda want other people to find and read it so that they can enjoy it but mostly so that, if they comment and tell you how much they love you and love this blog, you won't stop. But at the same time I like having this secret blog all to myself. Don't stop these wonderful updates. I LOVE the pics!!

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarg, I love you so much and I love reading about your life on here. When I read, it makes me feel as if I have a little piece of you next to me again!
Be Blessed,
lovelovelove Lacy
P.S. Nicole - you are beautiful too!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey babe -- today spring fever attacked me and i talked nicole into doing a lack of homework to go to benetts with me and eat frozen yogert (although it must be noted that she didn't need much convincing!) so we made our way to benetts only to find that frozen yogert is a summer thing! not a spring fever thing... sigh... maybe we'll have to try again in june, eh?
~hannelle*

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Sarah, look at all your comments!! You've been invaded!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home